Re: [linux-audio-dev] [RFC] Lite OSC API

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [RFC] Lite OSC API
From: rd_AT_alphalink.com.au
Date: Tue Jan 27 2004 - 03:47:20 EET

> OK, I've thought about this some more and I think I agree with
> you now. I'l add type coercion when I have time, should be easy
> enough.

I think a widely used library that does this transparently will make life
better for everyone. I hope the implementation I mentioned earlier can
save you some time :)

> typed APIs. In this case, if we only do conversions between different
> numerical types I dont see that it will hurt, as long as the corner cases
> are handled sensibly.

I don't think you need to worry about this, if the coercion changes the
semantic value, not just the representation or the precision, the sender
is in error. Sending '10.1' to a slot that is semantically an integer should
be undefined, though in practice you get '10'. Receivers need to run
domain checks in any case...

Regards,
Rohan