Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Modulars

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Modulars
From: Frank Barknecht (fbar_AT_footils.org)
Date: Fri Jan 30 2004 - 23:30:27 EET

Hallo,
Juhana Sadeharju hat gesagt: // Juhana Sadeharju wrote:

> For example, Csound has script UI because that is all what is there.
> If PD can be fully programmed via text files, then it has script UI.
> A script support is not exactly the same thing as script UI if
> user has to use GUI at some point. Maybe "text UI" would be better
> than "script UI".

Okay, thank you for clearing this up. I think, "text UI" would indeed
be a better name, because this is about a software having a text
interface, and not so much about, if it is "scriptable". In this
context Pd (and jMax) isn't really a synth with a text UI - although
one could control Pd through a text interface for example by using a
Python command line and OSC and one could write Pd patches in a text
editor if one is a very strange type of guy, but it isn't part of the
central concept of Pd or jMax.

ciao