Re: [linux-audio-dev] Jack Callbacks

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Jack Callbacks
From: Dave Robillard (drobilla_AT_connect.carleton.ca)
Date: Sat Jan 31 2004 - 02:18:02 EET

On Fri, 2004-01-30 at 19:01, Steve Harris wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 03:35:37 -0500, Dave Robillard wrote:
> > The Jack API documentation says port_registration_callback is supposed
> > to be called on port register AND deregister, but it only seems to be
> > called when a port is registered.
> >
> > So essentially, how can an app know when a jack port is deregistered?
>
> Youre right, theres a bug. I'l look at fixing it.
>
> You might try jack_set_graph_order_callback(), which will detect it often,
> but not always. I wonder why noones noticed this before.

I did notice that the graph_order_callback was being called, but the
process of trying to figure out if a port has actually disappeared (or
something has just been connected) is both really gross and really
inefficient.

I can look into the bug some time next week (busy weekend), but if you
could do so beforehand, much appreciated..

-Dave