[linux-audio-dev] [ANN] lakai-0.1

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] [ANN] lakai-0.1
From: Frank NEUMANN (frank.neumann_AT_st.com)
Date: Thu Feb 05 2004 - 17:32:10 EET

"At last", Roboff says, "I have it." - from "Mask Of The Sun"

Hi LAD'ers,

I'm happy to announce the first release (0.1) of lakai, a small tool package
that allows to exchange data (samples, programs) between a Linux PC and an
Akai sampler (S2000 tested; other 2xxx/3xxx models might work or not) over
SCSI. This permits "complete backup" and "complete restore" of the sampler
RAM contents.

Availability:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/lakai (the web page was not updated yet)

Right now, everything is just shell-based, no GUI yet, and the tools are
rather rudimentary, the source is ugly and sprinkled with TODOs and printf's
etc. pp., but at least it WorksForMe(tm). I welcome comments, success stories
and bug reports, but my answers might take a while :-). All further info is
in the archive in the README - read it, it took me a while to put it together.

This stuff comes rather late - in fact, I created this sourceforge project
more than 4 years ago, and I have only been working on it very rarely for
a long time (and it's even quite small). The S2xxx model samplers are only
available second-hand today, and software-based samplers (like
http://www.linuxsampler.org) are already on the way. I am still very proud
that I finally got this baby out of the door. Ha! :-).

Enjoy,
Frank

--
      Frank Neumann (Frank.Neumann_AT_st.com), VIONA Development Center
            STMicroelectronics, Karlstraße 27, 76133 Karlsruhe