Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Modular Jack patch bay

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Modular Jack patch bay
From: Dave Robillard (drobilla_AT_connect.carleton.ca)
Date: Fri Feb 06 2004 - 20:05:11 EET

On Fri, 2004-02-06 at 12:35, Juhana Sadeharju wrote:
> >- making the lines really thick, same deal as above
>
> Make the lines thick only if it is visually justified.
> If you only want grab the cable, then make the grabbing distance
> long enough. The same for the grabbing distances of the ports.
> When working fast, any tiny things are no no -- there are plenty
> of examples on tiny things already.

The problem with this is it will become ambiguous which line you're
trying to select.. connections often will be very close together.

> Change the cable and the port colors when they are in focus, to
> indicate that something can be done to them.
>
> Probably three distances are needed:
> -Port picking distance

Having some fuzziness to the port picking is a good idea.. I'll do
that. Of course, it's going to be way way more of a pain to implement
than just clicking on the port, but oh well. I'll have the port hilite
when the mouse is within it's clicking region.

Actually.. better idea. Right now you have to actually click on the
little port box to connect things, but you should be able to click the
port label to select the port.. that's the entire width of the module.
Quite the braindead-ism on my part to not think of THAT before...

-Dave