Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Modular Jack patch bay

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Modular Jack patch bay
From: torbenh_AT_informatik.uni-bremen.de
Date: Sun Feb 08 2004 - 16:05:20 EET

On Fri, Feb 06, 2004 at 12:56:18PM -0500, Dave Robillard wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-02-06 at 07:33, Steve Harris wrote:
> > On Thu, Feb 05, 2004 at 08:16:34 -0500, Dave Robillard wrote:
> > > Now on the other hand, the idea of a nice simple little modular LADSPA
> > > host (usable as both a synth and/or an effects rack) is a good one
> > > indeed...
> >
> > Yeah, thats probably why we have 5 allready ;)
>
> I can think of two (AMS and SSM).. SSM has no polyphony which puts it
> out.
>
> AMS is actually pretty good, if it would only work with LADSPA control
> ports. Not being able to control the frequency of your oscillators is a
> little bit of a limiting factor! (AMS's MIDI control stuff is
> definately awesome..)
>
> Enlighten me to a polyphonic LADSPA host with a modular GUI (and control
> ports work) and you'll be my new best friend. :)

galan-0.3.0-beta3 its here finally :)
you will need some time to get into it.
but if you have questions i will be there to help.

polyphony is realized through a voice_allocator.
and you will have to instantiate each voice on the sheet and connect
them to the allocator.

LADPSA events a sample accurate if you use internal galan sequencers or
jack-midi (well there is no jack-midi sequencer yet)

--
torben Hohn
http://galan.sourceforge.net -- The graphical Audio language