[linux-audio-dev] libsndfile breakage

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] libsndfile breakage
From: james_AT_dis-dot-dat.net
Date: Wed Feb 11 2004 - 11:08:58 EET

Hi peeps,

   I've only just started playing with libsndfile, so I hope this
   isn't a dumb question.

   I get a segmentation fault when I try to use sf_readf_float on some
   wavs. The odd thing is, if I re-save the file in the same format,
   (with something like audacity or sweep) it works. I thought I must
   have been confused, and that the format was different the next time
   around, but it isn't - at least as far as libsndfile's SF_INFO can
   tell me.

   I don't think the file is broken, because audacity, sweep, mplayer,
   etc. can all load and play it without any complaint.

   And it's not just one file - it's quite a few of them.

   What am I doing wrong?

   I've packed up an example (small - just a kick) in working and
   broken form in case anyone wants to try it. It's at
   http://www.dis-dot-dat.net/busted.tar.bz2

   Thanks for listening.

James