Re: [linux-audio-dev] [admin] mail loop - working on it...

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [admin] mail loop - working on it...
From: Joern Nettingsmeier (nettings_AT_folkwang-hochschule.de)
Date: Mon Feb 16 2004 - 02:50:23 EET

ok, i have found the problem. someone's home-grown mail server is
f/&%ed up.

as a temporary fix, i set a spamfilter rule to catch the annoying 2
messages. i'm too tired for a real solution, and will be going to
bed now. i hope steve and chris will forgive me, because the poor
guys get a rejection message every minute or so...

<tongue class="in_cheek">
if somebody feels bored, try to take the problem host down after
writing a friendly message to the owner (hint: the ancient ipop-2
exploit seems not to work).
sigh. why do distros come with public mail servers?
</>

--
The handles of a craftsman's tools bespeak an absolute simplicity,
the plainest forms affording the greatest range of possibilities for

Jörn Nettingsmeier Kurfürstenstr 49, 45138 Essen, Germany http://spunk.dnsalias.org (my server) http://www.linuxaudiodev.org (Linux Audio Developers)