Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ANN] First public release of Lindrum v 0.5.1

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ANN] First public release of Lindrum v 0.5.1
From: torbenh_AT_informatik.uni-bremen.de
Date: Tue Mar 02 2004 - 11:25:19 EET

On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 02:24:55PM -0500, Dave Robillard wrote:

> Sure, but there's always a motivation. Sometimes the projects out there
> just don't fit your needs.
>
> Myself, for example: to do synthesized sounds, I want to run my
> keyboard controller into a virtual analog modular synth. SSM and AMS
> are basically the only options for this.

with gAlan its already possible although the documentation is lacking
badly.

> SSM isn't polyphonic, so it's out. AMS is really awesome in a lot of
> ways, but it's polyphony is all screwed up and fundamentally broken as
> far as I can tell (kludge, it only works if you use the AMS builtin
> envelope in a specific way).

polyphony is also possible with gAlan now. but it still needs some
refinement. i hope to get it there this month.
(polyphonic sheets)

the problem with gAlan is that i dont have a midi-keyboard handy and do
it all on the screen thats why midi controller stuff is not so nicely
implemented.

--
torben Hohn
http://galan.sourceforge.net -- The graphical Audio language