Re: [linux-audio-dev] Building qarecord and alsamodularsynth

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Building qarecord and alsamodularsynth
From: Alfons Adriaensen (fons.adriaensen_AT_alcatel.be)
Date: Tue Mar 02 2004 - 13:30:33 EET

On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 11:46:59AM +0100, Matthias Nagorni wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Mar 2004, Dave Robillard wrote:

> You only have to edit the library path constants at the beginning of
> the Makefile. If you have adapted that to the requirements of your system
> once, you can just copy and paste it in any new Makefile of any new ams
> release. It's indeed trivial. I don't like the idea of automake/autoconf.
> I've got the impression that these pose more problems than they are
> actually solving. So unless somebody convinces me, I won't include this
> mechanism into the official ams tarball.

I agree. Automake/autoconf are fine if you want real cross-platform portability,
but introducing this will not be done in 10 minutes as it will require changes to
most if not all source files as well, in order to use all the #defines created
by the system. And the changes required for compilation on other Linux distros
should be trivial indeed (iff all the required packages are already installed).

--
Fons