Re: [linux-audio-dev] Linux Audio Experiences

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Linux Audio Experiences
From: Tim Goetze (tim_AT_quitte.de)
Date: Tue Mar 02 2004 - 16:42:43 EET

[Dave Robillard]
>> these recordings will be of great help to anyone who is working on amp
>> emulation, so even if i should fail miserably, the next one to work on
>> it has valuable data available.
>>
>> cheers,
>>
>> tim
>
>Hmm... doesn't sound too difficult, I'd like to do it. Only complicated
>part will be getting a sine wave like that into the thing.. I'm not
>blessed with anything better than an SBLive I'm afraid. :/
>
>I could model my real-life Mesa Dual Rectifier too if you like..

any data you can provide is useful, we just need to know what was
measured (preamp stage or power amp/speaker via mic, clipping best
only via preamp).

the SBLive will do for the measurements. it's no problem to filter
out the noise, and the (assumed) poor frequency response it offers
is almost overkillingly good compared to any guitar amplifier gear.

cheers,

tim