Re: [linux-audio-dev] Evolutionary Development, was: [ANN] First public release of Lindrum v 0.5.1

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Evolutionary Development, was: [ANN] First public release of Lindrum v 0.5.1
From: Eric Dantan Rzewnicki (rzewnickie_AT_rfa.org)
Date: Tue Mar 02 2004 - 18:20:15 EET

On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 08:35:06AM +0100, Robert Jonsson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > I looked into hydrogen code. To learn. I looked into lot of little projects
> > code. Dead projects. To learn. And IMHO they're not useless. Maybe my
> > project will be dead at the end of the year. But then i made my experience
> > and still can join hydrogen or other projects.
> >

> I agree with you and I don't think that you, or anybody else spend their times
> badly if they start new projects, on the contrary, the more the merrier! :)
>
> The main requirement when you are about to create something is motivation. If
> you don't have that and start poking at something you will sooner or later
> run out of steam, unless you have an iron will.
> This might be the case if someone tells you which project project to start on,
> it'll work for a while, but then it's quite probable that you would lose
> interest.

I'm not a developer, yet, but I'm starting to write some small things
using ecasound's control interface from python. As part of learning
ecasound I'm reading the ecasound-list archives. I came across this
quote from Kai recently:

"... advice for free-sw developers: don't do anything that is not fun!"

http://www.wakkanet.fi/~kaiv/ecasound/ecasound-list/2001/01/0035.html

-Eric Rz.