Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ANN] First public release of Lindrum v 0.5.1

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ANN] First public release of Lindrum v 0.5.1
From: torbenh_AT_informatik.uni-bremen.de
Date: Wed Mar 03 2004 - 16:06:47 EET

On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 08:23:16AM -0500, Dave Robillard wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-03-02 at 04:25, torbenh_AT_informatik.uni-bremen.de wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 02:24:55PM -0500, Dave Robillard wrote:
> > >
> > > Sure, but there's always a motivation. Sometimes the projects out there
> > > just don't fit your needs.
> > >
> > > Myself, for example: to do synthesized sounds, I want to run my
> > > keyboard controller into a virtual analog modular synth. SSM and AMS
> > > are basically the only options for this.
> >
> > with gAlan its already possible although the documentation is lacking
> > badly.
>
> Last I tried galan it seemed to not support MIDI in at all.. am I
> missing something?

midi in is available since 0.2.10 or so.
just use the midi in port from the lib when you are on 0.3.0

otherwise you will have to fiddle with evtgates to separate the
channels. the building block is Misc/ALSA Midi In

it also supports as many jack ports as you wish.

and if you have the jack-midi patch available also jack midi.
although only in and without an out client it does not make so much
sense :)

--
torben Hohn
http://galan.sourceforge.net -- The graphical Audio language