Re: [linux-audio-dev] IRQ rotation

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] IRQ rotation
From: Tim Hockin (thockin_AT_hockin.org)
Date: Fri Mar 05 2004 - 23:54:00 EET

On Fri, Mar 05, 2004 at 08:35:06PM +0000, Steve Harris wrote:
> No, I hadn't used the ALSA modules :) The interrupts get through unless
> I use < 2048 samples / period, if I do ALSA reports lost interrupts
> constantly.

hrrmm...I doubt if it is due to IRQ priorities. I mean, really, any modern
CPU can handles 10s or 100s of thousands of IRQs per second..

> > This does not show a particularly high interrupt load, either. It does show
> > that you get about 70 video interrupts per second (ask nvidia!) and it shows
> > that you seem to have the timer at 1024 HZ (lowlatency patch?).
>
> You get one per screen refresh dont you?

Not on my system :) Many systems don't even have an IRQ for video. What
would the video IRQ need every refresh? You're not punping data there
constantly unless the screen is changing..