Re: [linux-audio-dev] TAP-plugins reverb presets (fwd)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] TAP-plugins reverb presets (fwd)
From: Jens M Andreasen (jens.andreasen_AT_chello.se)
Date: Sun Mar 07 2004 - 19:53:52 EET

On lör, 2004-03-06 at 21:01, Arnold Krille wrote:
> On Saturday 06 March 2004 19:59, Steve Harris wrote:

Hi Krille!

> <big snip of stuff I don't understand>

You are not the only one skipping ahead to get the big picture :)

> > Yes, but the difference to new developers is huge, they must understand
> > everything in the .h file before thay can write a plugin or host.

Somehow I agree with Harris here. I tend to try to understand every
detail in the devil before attempting to publish anything

> I disagree, new developers need easy howto's, good docs and examples to write
> new stuff. I for example don't understand jack.h but still am writing an app
> for jack this days...

Tim Goetze offered to me (in a background discussion, sorry Tim) to
write a wellcommented boilerplate jack.c

It is not so useful for me right now, but will be in a not so distant
future. And without it ... ehrmm, I probably wouldn,t know jack!

> Arnold

/jens