Re: [linux-audio-dev] +momentary, consolidated (ladspa.h.diff)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] +momentary, consolidated (ladspa.h.diff)
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Mar 08 2004 - 22:31:03 EET

On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 08:23:32 +0100, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> > MOMENTARY: a push button, sending 'yes' when pressed and 'no' when
> > released.
>
> 'when' or 'while' ?

Momentary switches are "high" while the control is held, and low when its
not. This subsumes what Tim describes as a trigger as you can detect both
the rising and falling edge.

The plugins I have that need MOMENTARY would only look for the rising
edge, but if/when host support becomes common I can imagine looking at
duration and the falling edge too.

- Steve