Re: [linux-audio-dev] +momentary, consolidated (ladspa.h.diff)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] +momentary, consolidated (ladspa.h.diff)
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Mar 09 2004 - 16:02:13 EET

On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 02:28:41 +0100, Tim Goetze wrote:
> [Steve Harris]
>
> >On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 05:51:28 +0100, Tim Goetze wrote:
> >> and to repeat: if you don't want units to appear in the plugin
> >> sources, why are you satisified with "Frequency (Hz)"?
> >
> >I'm only satisfied with it because its allready widely used, in in
> >practice its bascily OK. Not ideal, but OK. Even I have to be pragmatic
> >sometimes :)
>
> it's still a wart. if you shun the work of changing swh-plugins, i'll
> happily offer to patch it to remove the unit references.

The work is not a problem (its a disposable perl script and some tidying),
it just changes something in LADSPA that probably should not be changed.
It might even require new IDs for all the plugins that get new port names.
(though I've changed ports in the past without changing IDs, bad Steve, no
bisciut).

I'm not sure that a slightly easier to read and slightly more efficient
text dipslay format is a worthwhile goal.

- Steve