Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: [ANN] First public release of Lindrum v0.5.1

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: [ANN] First public release of Lindrum v0.5.1
From: Peter Eschler (peschler_AT_t-online.de)
Date: Sun Mar 14 2004 - 01:57:53 EET

> From: Juhana Sadeharju (kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi)
>
> Hmm... Linn Drum provided good drum samples, but Lindrum
> has only an unexisting sound directory. Is that a good idea?

Nope. Not a good idea.
But providing the original Linn Drum samples wouldn't be a good idea either.
As it was pointed out earlier the company is still in business and the
drummachine will be renamed in the next release. So i will not package the
original Linn Drum samples.
But IANAL and maybe someone can enlighten me on this. How about samples from
classics like the 808 or 909 (or Linn Drum)? Can i package these samples with
my drummachine? I don't own these machines thus they are not sampled by
myself instead i got them from the internet and other sources.

PE

--
 "Without music, life would      _O_/ \_O_/ +----------------------+
  be a mistake - I would        / ))    []  | Peter Eschler        |