RE: [linux-audio-dev] Major problem with RME HDSP/Multiface and a64-bit AMD laptop

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-dev] Major problem with RME HDSP/Multiface and a64-bit AMD laptop
From: Ivica Ico Bukvic (ico_AT_fuse.net)
Date: Sat Mar 20 2004 - 15:55:36 EET

Thank you very much for your insight.

What makes me confused, though is that even if I adjust a highest possible
latency for ASIO (or ALSA with a single crappy 22,050Hz sampled soundfile
from the KDE startup) and play a stereo output, the sound is still garbled.
It is highly unlikely that the throughput is that bad, since then it should
theoretically also be bad when using other stereo outputs (i.e. mme,
Directx, etc).

Best wishes,

Ivica Ico Bukvic, composer & multimedia sculptor
http://meowing.ccm.uc.edu/~ico/