[linux-audio-dev] Some help with my BPM algorithm?

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Some help with my BPM algorithm?
From: Jay Dolan (jasonthomasdolan_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Mar 22 2004 - 14:58:47 EET

Hello,

I'm working on a simple command line driven bpm
counter for mp3 files. It's very straight-forward.
I'm trying to use a 4-beat phase shifting technique,
but for some reason my code is returning the same
exact value for each file. Obviously I have a stupid
math error, or haven't thought things through enough.
If someone wants to look at this and tell me what they
think I did wrong, I'd appreciate it :) The code is
pretty clean (just wrong) and well commented. You'll
need to have mpg123 installed for it to (not) work.
Thanks very much!

=====
Jay Dolan
Software Engineer, Systems Analyst