Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ann] pvoc-0.1.0, caps-0.1.11

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ann] pvoc-0.1.0, caps-0.1.11
From: Tim Goetze (tim_AT_quitte.de)
Date: Thu Mar 25 2004 - 00:37:25 EET

[Jesse Chappell]

> > > true. i'll make it an option.
> >
> > Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't clipping only a problem when
> > converting to integer PCM sound file. If that is the case, you
> > can leave the data unclipped and let libsndfile do the clipping
> > by using this:
> >
> > http://www.mega-nerd.com/libsndfile/command.html#SFC_SET_CLIPPING
>
>Beautiful! Erik to the rescue, this is the correct solution.
>Throw out my patch and replace with a call to do that.

yes, but ... :)

stretch isn't using sndfile for piped I/O which needs clipping too (i
wish i could use it but sndfile doesn't like pipes, at least not the
versions that compile in ancient build environments like mine).

pvoc-0.1.6 (current) adds a new -l (--limit) option that turns on
clipping. later versions' man page will recommend its use with int
output.

tim