[linux-audio-dev] Re: Pitchshift/Timestretch project..

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Pitchshift/Timestretch project..
From: J_Zar (romaninz_AT_aruba.it)
Date: Mon Apr 05 2004 - 19:15:05 EEST

Frank NEUMANN Scrive:

> Hi all,
>
> I was made aware of a new project yesterday, to be found at
> http://clearscale.org. The idea is to produce a commercial-grade and open-
> source pitchshifting/timestretching library. libSoundtouch might be nice as
> it is, but if you really stress it, the artifacts come in quite quickly (in
> my opinion). I believe in this field Linux software is still a good deal
> away from Win*/Mac software, so this project sounds very interesting to fill
> a gap.
>
> When you visit the web site, you'll notice that the author is seeking some kind
> of financial reward for his work (through PayPal). This might sound quite
> unusual at first, but I think it is justified.
>
> The important fact to know here is that the maintainer, Stephan M. Bernsee
> (formerly known as Stephan M. Sprenger) is (to my knowledge) the mastermind
> behind the German company ProSoniq, producers of e.g. the OrangeVocoder and
> TimeFactory. These products always get great reviews in german (and probably
> also international) keyboard magazines. He _really knows_ what to do; he has
> proven that in the past. He also developed some part of the Hartmann Neuron
> (don't ask me for details - I don't have any), and his webpage
> (www.dspdimension.com) contains very useful information that is even used
> at some german universities for lectures about signal processing.
>
> In other words: If he really goes for this, the results might be fantastic.
>
> With a bit of luck, Stephan will show up in Karlsruhe at our Linux Audio
> Conference - maybe he can explain some more thoughts there. Anyway, I believe
> this project deserves to be sponsored somehow.
>
> No, I am not affiliated..blabla..just my personal opinion..yadayada :-).
> I simply believe this is hot information.
>
> Greetings,
> Frank

Mmmm... Could be a very improvement for the sound streching. I've some
problem with SoundTouch (compiling and latency issues)... So I'm
interested... but from what I can see from the project page, there is a
"donate" form but no CVS or code package!!!!! This is quite strange IMHO...
I hope in the future.

Cheers,

 ----
              J_Zar