Re: [linux-audio-dev] Pitchshift/Timestretch project..

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Pitchshift/Timestretch project..
From: Tim Goetze (tim_AT_quitte.de)
Date: Tue Apr 06 2004 - 16:02:08 EEST

[Florian Schmidt]

>On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 10:36:51 +0100
>Steve Harris <S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>> Theres info about this on Stephan's website:
>> http://www.dspdimension.com/start.html
>>
>> Its not that simple - but thats the basic idea.
>
>Thanks! I'll have a look..

please let me throw in that there's a high-quality time stretching
GPL command line utility available at http://quitte.de/dsp/pvoc.html -
based on a phase vocoder with fixed overlap (no transient detection)
which easily beats soundtouch's results.

also, there are phase-vocoding opcodes in csound which can, afaik, be
used for the same purpose, and there's the sndan project which due to
its obscure licensing ways i haven't looked into.

tim