RE: [linux-audio-dev] How hard is it to write a pitch shifter?

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-dev] How hard is it to write a pitch shifter?
From: Earle (earle_AT_ezi123.com)
Date: Wed Apr 07 2004 - 09:06:19 EEST

>Tracker style pitch shifting (which is more accurately called vari-speed)
uses
>a faster or slower playback speed to vary the pitch. Playing a sample back
slower
>drops the pitch; faster raises the pitch.

>Changing the pitch without changing the length is true pitch shifting. The
>code and concepts required to do this well is extremely complicated.

Yeah, I kind of guessed that - although I dont want to do it well, I just
want to do it!
(Im going to try this out anyway, but...) What would happen if I just
resampled the data, and interpolated some samples for the info that i threw
away?

At any rate, I've reserved a couple of DSP books from the library so I'll
get back to you all when I can do Fourier transforms in my sleep!