Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: PdDSP?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: PdDSP?
From: Dave Robillard (drobilla_AT_connect.carleton.ca)
Date: Thu Apr 08 2004 - 20:59:32 EEST

On 04/08/04 11:54:26, Mr.Freeze wrote:
> I'm planning to build a special controller based on the Theremin, with MIDI
> and/or CV outs. All material released for free: schematics, software...
>
> Yet, I was wondering if an built-in expander was needed in addition, for
> live use; or if it could simply rely on a computer (my use). Hence my idea
> to use a kinda port of PureData to DSP so that the user could get the same
> sound either from hardware or software means, just by dumping patches;
> instead of having to write a separate pure C/C++ DSP source code with
> specific non-compliant patches, [...]

I don't really see what your Theremin-style MIDI controller has to do with the
synth. It's a MIDI controller, it's seperate from all that stuff by design.

I'd just write a program to do it. If you really think a nice little DSP box
would be useful, do that later. You've got enough problems on your hands
building the controller. One step at a time. ;)

-Dave