Re: [linux-audio-dev] Anyone planned a GTK2-based Multitracker?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Anyone planned a GTK2-based Multitracker?
From: Fons Adriaensen (fons.adriaensen_AT_skynet.be)
Date: Fri Apr 09 2004 - 23:54:56 EEST

On Fri, Apr 09, 2004 at 10:04:16PM +0200, Samuel Abels wrote:

> > There is a need for a GTK2 midi sequencer though. *hint,
> > hint* :)
>
> Actually, I have been thinking about that, also. Actually, I have even
> created a (not completely finished) display widget for MIDI tracks using
> GTK2-perl, which can be translated easily (=two hours work) into C++.

One thing I'd love to have is *simple* MIDI sequencer that does *only* midi
(no audio whatsoever), is optimised to handle arbitrary note timing (no tempo,
beats, ...), and using the ALSA sequencer interface. The saved file format
doesn't even have to be midi. Sort of a dumb multitrack recorder for midi
data, slaved to JACK transport control.

Any candidates...

--
Fons