Re: [linux-audio-dev] Anyone planned a GTK2-based Multitracker?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Anyone planned a GTK2-based Multitracker?
From: Dave Robillard (drobilla_AT_connect.carleton.ca)
Date: Sat Apr 10 2004 - 19:53:07 EEST

On 04/10/04 04:22:49, Robert Jonsson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> <...>
> > >
> > > Both MusE and Rosegarden support this.
> >
> > ... are you sure about MusE? I can't find any reference to such a thing,
> > or find said feature myself (I do use MusE, if not very heavily). (Yes,
> > MusE has a control editor of some sort of course, but that's not what I'm
> > talking about).
>
> Oh, then I must ask what the feature should do more explicitly? To my ears
> the
> controller editor in MusE does exactly what you are asking for.

Sorry, I wasn't really expecting discussion on that particular random thought
of the minute, so I didn't explain very well. :)

I was referring to seeing control curves drawn over top of the tracks in the
master track window. Something like this screenshot of sonar (best I could
find):

 http://www.kvr-vst.com/i/b/sonar.jpg

It would be nice as you could see your entire piece from the main window, and
see where things evolve, how control changes relate to each other, etc.

The one (significantly more simple) feature I'd like to see in the MusE
control editor is a line-drawing option like seq24. Just load up seq24, plug
in a few notes and play with the control editor, you'll see what I mean.

It would be nice to hilight all my kick drums, then draw a nice line to set
all their velocities, for example.

-Dave