Re: [linux-audio-dev] Linux soundapps pages updated

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Linux soundapps pages updated
From: Dave Robillard (drobilla_AT_connect.carleton.ca)
Date: Tue Apr 13 2004 - 20:36:44 EEST

On 04/13/04 13:20:00, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> Dave Phillips writes:
>
> > Well, it would certainly help if the Linux soundapps pages didn't
> > suck so bad.
>
> Yes, so
>
> > I have lost count of the number of proposals I've
> > received to upgrade the sites to some more modern format.
>
> why did you have to turn them all down? There must be capable
> volunteers to help you with those pages, in a way you like too. The
> Linux music/audio/sound community has grown a lot over the years. Besides,

Just to throw in my 2 cents (Canadian, being roughly equal to .0002 US cents):

If the linux sound apps page gets redesigned, I would really like to see a
format similar to the current one remain. ie big list pages of really brief
descriptions (essentially a big list of links). The "everything" page is also
nice. Something like freshmeat with an obscenely small amount of information
per page would be a downgrade IMO.

> > Meanwhile, I continue to maintain the pages as a service.

In short, thanks. With all this talk of the page sucking, I'd like to point
out that it's an incredibly useful thing, and without it things would be a lot
worse. So, thanks be to Dave.

-Dave Robillard
(who needs to start using his full name. too many damn Daves around here...)