Re: [linux-audio-dev] how about a LADSPA BOF session at LAConf#2 ?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] how about a LADSPA BOF session at LAConf#2 ?
From: Tim Goetze (tim_AT_quitte.de)
Date: Wed Apr 14 2004 - 19:36:47 EEST

[Alfons Adriaensen]
>On Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 02:17:07PM +0200, Tim Goetze wrote:
>
>> (latest revision is +GROUP, -RANDOMIZED.)
>
>Tim, am I correct in assuming that when you mean e.g. [A B C] D E [F G] H
>where [] indicates the grouping, then A, C, F, G will have the GROUP hint
>bit set ? The text is a litte ambiguous here, it could be interpreted
>as if A, D, F, H would be marked, and this will not work in all cases.

the latter (A, D, F, H) describes the intention. a better name would
be *_GROUP_START, you're probably right about the ambiguity. i'll try
to clarify this.

>A more general way would be structured names, e.g.
>
>/Filter 1/frequency
>/Filter 1/gain
>/Filter 1/Q
>
>An intelligent host would take the names apart, and create a group 'Filter 1'
>with three elements. This is close to OSC of course, and generalises to more
>levels of groupting.

yes, without a distinct group ID or proper hierarchical scheme like
the one you describe here there'll always be a lot of setups that
can't be expressed (RDF, is that you knocking?) -- but this will do
for the simpler cases of breaking up a line of GUI controls in the
meantime.

tim