Re: [linux-audio-dev] ANNOUNCE: cheesetracker 0.9.9 released

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] ANNOUNCE: cheesetracker 0.9.9 released
From: Sascha Retzki (sascha.retzki_AT_t-online.de)
Date: Sat Apr 24 2004 - 15:39:43 EEST

Am Fr, 2004-04-23 um 08.51 schrieb Juan Linietsky:
> CheeseTracker is a mature,versatile and extremely full-featured application
> that works as an all-in-one sequencer/sampler/sample editor/fx processor. It
> allows for the creation of professional sounding multitrack mixes.
> It includes examples and docummentation, as well as on-line help.
>
> It can be obtained at http://cheesetronic.sf.net
>
> Sorry for the delay, even though this was ready some months ago, I didnt have
> time to fix up a proper release..
>
> Changes for this version follow:
>
> [...]

> Enjoy!
>
> Juan Linietsky

Hi,

I makes me sad to tell you that I can't use your programm :(( ...
After a clean compilation, I can run it, but after
QFont::setPointSize: Point size <= 0 (0)
QFont::setPointSize: Point size <= 0 (0)
the process just get killed.

lantis_AT_linux:~>strace cheesetracker_qt
[..]
rt_sigprocmask(SIG_SETMASK, NULL, [RTMIN], 8) = 0
rt_sigsuspend([] <unfinished ...>
--- SIGRTMIN (Unknown signal 32) @ 0 (0) ---
<... rt_sigsuspend resumed> ) = -1 EINTR (Interrupted system
call)
sigreturn(ptrace: umoven: No such process
trace: ptrace(PTRACE_SYSCALL, ...): No such process
 <unfinished ...>
lantis_AT_linux:~>

I expired this behavior with prior versions, but don't remember to
solved it ever. I know that we both talked about this earlier, I think
with a 0.8 version or sth.

As it seems to run for you and others, I include some information:
OS: SuSE Linux 9.0
Kernel: custom kernel 2.6.3
System type: i386, AMD Athlon 1800+
Soundcard: Ensoniq ( snd_ens1371 )
Sound-API: ALSA > 0.9

Can you help me figuring out why I can't make music ;)

With kind regards,

Sascha Retzki