Re: [linux-audio-dev] ANNOUNCE: cheesetracker 0.9.9 released

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] ANNOUNCE: cheesetracker 0.9.9 released
From: Sascha Retzki (sascha.retzki_AT_t-online.de)
Date: Thu Apr 29 2004 - 12:42:35 EEST

Hi,

Am Mi, 2004-04-28 um 23.37 schrieb Juan Linietsky:

> > Hi Juan,
> >
> > Yeah, that is the solution. Thanks ... do you have *any* idea why this
> > happens ? ;)
>
> Yeah because I stupidly forgot to save the version in the config file :\
> will try to do that for 1.0

Happens ;)

Btw Cheesetracker 1.0: Do you plan to implement MIDI-support into 1.0 ?
So I can use cheesetracker to run my drumkiz + zynaddsubfx ?? Would be
soo cool ;)

> > Btw, what happened to the Cheesetracker Port of NetBSD ? I know there
> > was one version in PKGSRC, but it was 0.5 . Now, there is no version at
> > all. Was you involved in any portings ? Do you know if 0.9 runs on
> > NetBSD ( 4.4 BSD ) ?
>
> I think the guy mantaining it got mad because I now ask for python (scons)
> as a build dependence..

Good point :))) ... maybe you could provide a basic "alternative"
Makefile to compile the application. Ppl then install the binary
themselves ;)

> > ( I know, these questions can be solved by myself, too. But my
> > netbsd-machine is busy to fix a driver issue atm ;) )
> >

> > With best regards,
> >

> > Sascha Retzki
>

> Cheers!
>
> Juan Linietsky

Maybe I missed sth, but afaik you can just add samples in pattern and
then make the pattern form an "play-order" ... What about
multiple-pattern support ? I know that this is a little bit off-tracker,
but it is very interesting. You can for example organize 1 or more
"drum-pattern" and some "melody-pattern" and form a song with them ... .

Chee(r)s,

Sascha Retzki