[linux-audio-dev] Re: LADSPA proposal

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Re: LADSPA proposal
From: Bill Schottstaedt (bil_AT_ccrma.Stanford.EDU)
Date: Tue May 18 2004 - 13:51:29 EEST

> Just found this nice and small lisp. It is used in festival speech
> synthesis system and named SIOD (Scheme in one defun)

Isn't that the one used in Gimp? It's similar to Guile, I think.
My apologies for not following the discussion closely, but if it's
lisp vs xml, I'd vote for lisp, and even promise to provide the
C side of the tie-in.

> > Hey, it's the official scripting language of the GNU system.. :)
> We don't have a scripting language problem, we have a metadata problem.

And Guile, in my opinion, would be a great choice for either problem;
I think it is presented as "an extension language" -- the scripting
business comes for free, and wasn't to the point anyway.

But XML seems to be everywhere -- so is Windows...