Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA proposal ...

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA proposal ...
From: Jack O'Quin (joq_AT_io.com)
Date: Tue May 18 2004 - 18:29:56 EEST

Dave Robillard <drobilla_AT_connect.carleton.ca> writes:
> So, ++xml, because reinventing the wheel is stupid. While I understand
> the kneejerk anti-xml reaction (damn buzzwords) it just seems like the
> right tool for the job...

I've been reading up on Steve's N-triples suggestion...

> NTriples is defined in
> http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-testcases/#ntriples

> General RDF stuff is at
> http://www.w3.org/RDF/

This approach has considerable merit...

  (1) It is a W3C standard.
  (2) It is mathematically deep and well thought out.
  (3) It is specifically intended for adding property lists to the web
  (4) The syntax is well-defined
  (5) No large parsing library is needed
  (6) There are tools for converting to XML

While I like both XML and LISP for various reasons, I really think
this proposal deserves a closer look. It looks like a wonderful
solution for LADSPA metadata. ++N_triples.

--
  joq