[linux-audio-dev]Using python for small multimedia app ?

Subject: [linux-audio-dev]Using python for small multimedia app ?
From: Cournapeau David (cournape_AT_enst.fr)
Date: Thu Jun 03 2004 - 17:54:56 EEST

Hi there,

        I am discovering python, having looked for a matlab-like environement.
I am wondering now if it is possible to do some small multimedia
applications with it; more precisely, I would like to develop a
scientific application for audio/video analysis. Basically, I need to
show an avi
video with a synchronised waveform view of the sound, and some other
features views, like the pitch of the film voices (the actual pitch
detection doesn't need to be computed on the fly).

        Python seems really great for rapid developement, but I wonder if it is
possible to play different media synchronously (the media decoding
itself will be of course coded in C/C++) with it? Does anyone here have
any experience with multimedia and python ?

        cheers,

        David