Re: [linux-audio-dev] timidity++ live

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] timidity++ live
From: Jens M Andreasen (jens.andreasen_AT_chello.se)
Date: Sun Jun 06 2004 - 19:34:50 EEST

On fre, 2004-06-04 at 17:08, Dave Phillips wrote:

> Why are you using OSS instead of ALSA ?

Short answer:

I bought a second hand computer with a soundcard supported by none
except for some freaks at sourceforce(sp?). The driver was incomplete
and after a while I managed to fsck up everything. So I went back to the
attic and picked out the old SB16. Now the expert system managing new
hardware additions refuses to see this card ... The good news is that I
managed to get it up and running manually. I have a clicke-di-click
userinterface that gives me the option to choose between OSS and ALSA,
except that running ALSA is a nono since, according to the system, I
have no soundcard ...

If you want the long answer I can mail you off the list :)

/jens