Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: UI stuff

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: UI stuff
From: Paul Davis (paul_AT_linuxaudiosystems.com)
Date: Wed Jun 09 2004 - 14:17:35 EEST

>On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 05:06:16 -0500, Jan Depner wrote:
>> This is exactly the point I was trying to get across. Do something
>> different. I've been toying lately with the idea of zoomable sliders
>> when you have too little real estate or pop up sliders that are larger
>> than their normal graphic representation when you enter their focus
>> area. The Soundplay approach also seems like a good way to do it. But,
>> when you're speaking of BeOS, wouldn't that be "took" a novel approach
>
>Heh. I have to speak up for my favourite implementation, the one in the
>Nord Modular control app. When a knob has focus a little spinbutton
>appears obove it (up/down arrows and a text entry widget) and the right/up
>v's radial control is ocnfigurable.

and i'll chime in with mine, which ardour "stole" from sonar: the
recent "barcontroller" widget, which is somewhat like a fader,
although it displays its numerical value. if you do the correct click
on it, or click in a certain area or type "e" into it, it converts to
a conventional in-place GTK spin button. once editing is done with the
spin button (focus changes out of it), it reverts to the bar control.

--p