Re: [linux-audio-dev] Ladspa Gui's (Is ladspa actually la-dsp-a?)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Ladspa Gui's (Is ladspa actually la-dsp-a?)
From: torbenh_AT_gmx.de
Date: Wed Jun 09 2004 - 15:06:05 EEST

On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 11:02:50AM +0100, Steve Harris wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 08:55:09 +0100, Chris Cannam wrote:
> > On Tuesday 08 Jun 2004 8:26 pm, Dave Robillard wrote:
> > > All we need IMHO is a way to have that parameter view be a custom
> > > GUI.
> >
> > For my part, I'd at least like the host to be able to specify where
> > the window should appear -- which it currently can't. Maybe that's
> > something worth considering already for DSSI.
>
> Maybe. I have no particular objections, but the UI should be free to
> ignore it I think. The old-school X11 -geometry seems like a good starting
> place. e.g. xclock -geometry +10+10

no this is not sufficient at all.
if i put a plugin onto the galan canvas and scroll it up and down, i
want the plugin to follow the scrolling.

for me its sufficient to get the XID of the window.
Embedding is possible with fluxbox and iceWM.

and i think i know why other window managers dont let me embed windows.
note that galan currently embeds VST windows.

--
torben Hohn
http://galan.sourceforge.net -- The graphical Audio language