Re: [linux-audio-dev] [OT] marketing hype

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [OT] marketing hype
From: Dave Griffiths (dave_AT_pawfal.org)
Date: Wed Jun 09 2004 - 14:17:56 EEST

On Wed, 2004-06-09 at 21:11, Marek Peteraj wrote:
> What linux audio offers is
> technology. No comfort at all. Right now it's all just academic
> software.

This, and the lack of marketing departments is exactly why I am here.

I don't want to see linux apps turning into slickly hyped lifestyle
products like the rest of the music software business. We should push
the advantages we have, rather than follow the path of steinberg etc...

Personally speaking, as a free software developer I don't care if my
programs are deemed as sucessful, they work for me, and handful of other
people - this makes me happy :)

cheers,

dave