Re: [linux-audio-dev] Knobs / widget design

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Knobs / widget design
From: Benno Senoner (sbenno_AT_gardena.net)
Date: Thu Jun 10 2004 - 02:40:01 EEST

Very nice knobs Thorsten !
We could use them in LinuxSampler :)
Rui Nuno Capela has started work on the GUI
http://www.linuxsampler.org/screenshots.html
For example the channel strips could use a knob for volume instead of a
fader
which would save some space.

Thorsten in what format do you plan to release the knobs ?
As a serie of pixmaps in various sizes ?
( I guess for larger knobs at least 50-100 pixmaps are needed
to allow for smooth movements).
Or do you use open source rendering apps thus posting the 3D source file
with instructions
how to render the various positions (that would be cool since everyone
could render their
own customtailored pixmaps).

let us know, keep up with the good work.

cheers,
Benno