[linux-audio-dev] TiMidity as a CPU hog

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] TiMidity as a CPU hog
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: Thu Jun 10 2004 - 22:47:07 EEST

Greetings:

  Can someone explain why TiMidity eventually hogs the CPU at 95% or
more after running for a while (like 12 hours or more) ? I'm talking
about hogging the chip while TiMidity is idling, not playing. I'm using
it as a softsynth, it works well, but even in the latest version its CPU
usage just soars. Here's how I'm invoking 2.13.0 :

    timidity -iA -B2,8 -c /home/dlphilp/timidity.cfg -A100 -Oj
-EFreverb=0 -EFchorus=0

  Takashi: Obviously I spoke too soon in my earlier message. I just
looked at top again and saw that TiMidity was eating up 96% of the CPU. :(

Best,

dp