OT: Trackballs [was: [linux-audio-dev] Knobs, the reply]

Subject: OT: Trackballs [was: [linux-audio-dev] Knobs, the reply]
From: Arnold Krille (arnold_AT_arnoldarts.de)
Date: Fri Jun 11 2004 - 14:49:30 EEST

On Friday 11 June 2004 13:17, Jens M Andreasen wrote:
> On fre, 2004-06-11 at 12:38, Arnold Krille wrote:
> > How would you use a trackball to control a knob? circular? seems very
> > difficult... linear is better...
> I have a trackball. Moving the index and middle fingers in little
> cirkles is actually quite easy ...
> OTOH, double clicking with your thumb is a pita.
> > Arnold, thinkink of bying a trackball for his laptop-use-on-stage...
> I'd say go ahead. But get one with a wheel.

I had one without wheel for three-day-testing. I am never going to buy one
without wheel!!! Its just so much easier for scrolling! And by the way the
only MS-product I am using regularly is the little mouse at my laptop, where
the wheel feels so much better than on every other mouse...

Stopping now, as this is no LAD-topic anymore. ;-)

Arnold

--
Get my public-key from pgp.mit.edu or pgp.uni-mainz.de
---