Re: [linux-audio-dev] Sliders

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Sliders
From: Frank Barknecht (fbar_AT_footils.org)
Date: Fri Jun 11 2004 - 20:49:17 EEST

Hallo,
Thorsten Wilms hat gesagt: // Thorsten Wilms wrote:

> Well that is pd with gem, but not the patch.
> Loaded the patch, clicked on the green thing. Have to move the
> mouse a very long way for only little movement, no matter
> where horizontaly. No red line appears.
>
> Console output:
> ---
> GEM: Graphics Environment for Multimedia
> GEM: ver: 0.90
> GEM: compiled: Jun 11 2004
> GEM: maintained by IOhannes m zmoelnig
> GEM: Authors : Mark Danks (original version on irix/windows)
> GEM: Chris Clepper (macOS-X)
> GEM: Daniel Heckenberg (windows)
> GEM: James Tittle (macOS-X)
> GEM: IOhannes m zmoelnig (linux/windows)
> error: Bad arguments for message 'primTri' to object 'objectmaker'
> ... you might be able to track this down from the Find menu.
> primTri ----
> ... couldn't create

Ah, I'm using a much older Gem, now primTri wants to have a float
number argument. I'll have to check the newest version of Gem myself,
but you could try to edit the .pd file in a text editor, search for
primTri and remove the dummy "----". It was only there for streching
out the primTri so you could see the inlets.

But you should see the read slider dials on both green sliders, it's a
simple rectangle object. I'm not sure, which version of fanslider you
have, I attached a new one wich has a sensitivity-slider for the
scaling of the y-axis acceleration.

Ciao