Re: [linux-audio-dev] Sliders

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Sliders
From: Frank Barknecht (fbar_AT_footils.org)
Date: Sat Jun 12 2004 - 01:40:10 EEST

Hallo,
Thorsten Wilms hat gesagt: // Thorsten Wilms wrote:

> Better, red line is there, thanks. But it's not possible to get pointer
> and indicator movement in sync with the sensitivity-slider.

The slider's basically just scaling the rise of the "red line"
per x-asis unit. You could replace it with a number object to see the
values: Ctl-e to go into Edit mode, Ctl-3 to create a number, place
it by clicking, draw patch cords similar to the one coming out the
slider, Ctl-e again to leave Edit mode.

About the patch:

The smaller green slider is centered, the larger green one is moved to
the right and to the front (z-axis), thus appearing stretched on the
y-axis although it isn't really, 3d-wise. Then the mouse position
(x,y) is followed and depending on the mouse's x-position, the slider
dial (y) is moved more or less per vertical mouse movement. Actually
both the small and the big slider share the same y-values all the
time, they are just perspectively stretched. That's why it doesn't
feel like you intended: The mouse isn't always on the connecting line
between the two red dials in my patch.

> What are your plans for the pd fan-slider?

Get people infected with Pd. ;)

No, I'll probably let the slider bit-rot. It is just a simple toy to
get a feel for your cool idea. But as it is realized with Gem, it's
not something I see as a really useable slider for Pd. It's not a
"widget", although it could be possible to make it into one for Gem.
But I'm not very used to Gem, in fact this almost was my first Gem
patch.

Ciao