Re: [linux-audio-dev] linux use (was [OT] marketing hype)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] linux use (was [OT] marketing hype)
From: Pete Bessman (ninjadroid_AT_gazuga.net)
Date: Sun Jun 13 2004 - 04:24:57 EEST

At Sat, 12 Jun 2004 17:20:27 -0400,
Dave Robillard wrote:

> On Fri, 2004-06-11 at 07:21, Tim Orford wrote:
> > me too, but i'm currently very motivated to code, _if_ i could find
> > something to work on.

[snip]

> I all seriousness though, maybe it would be a good idea to create a
> centralized list of apps that need to be written? Kind of a global
> linux audio TODO list.
>
> We could even put enhancements to existing software there as well (ie
> "add LASH support to ZynAddSubFx" etc.)

votes++

On another note, if you're feeling motivated to do anything, consider
writing docs. Before I started developing, I never understood
why developers write crummy docs, or don't write them at all. Now
I "get it." Complete and utter lack of time. So if you *really*
want to help, writing docs would elevate you to Zeus-like status
in my eyes ;-)

-Pete