Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ANNOUNCE] Yatm 0.1.0

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ANNOUNCE] Yatm 0.1.0
From: Florian Schmidt (mista.tapas_AT_gmx.net)
Date: Sun Jun 13 2004 - 18:33:16 EEST

On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 16:58:10 +0200
Mario Lang <mlang_AT_delysid.org> wrote:

> > does it change the tempo without changing the pitch (a.k.a time stretching)>
>
> Yes, exactly, thats the point of the tool. I primarily use it to
> listen to speech recordings at a higher tempo then they were recorded with.
>
> http://delysid.org/yatm-0.2.3.tar.gz (now suppots Vorbis and Speex too)

Hi, now this sounds good. Gonna check it out.. Good for figuring out changes to jazz songs..

One more question though: There's afaik a similar progrm available for windows, but it supposedly has one other killer feature. It does a Fourier transform to help figuring out pitches and chords. Do you plan something like that?

Florian Schmidt

--
Palimm Palimm!