Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ANNOUNCE] Yatm 0.1.0

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ANNOUNCE] Yatm 0.1.0
From: Florian Schmidt (mista.tapas_AT_gmx.net)
Date: Mon Jun 14 2004 - 01:01:35 EEST

On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 22:34:08 +0200
Mario Lang <mlang_AT_delysid.org> wrote:

> > Hmm.. Would you mind a collaboration to add it? I just tried your program.
> > it has not gui :) yes, displaying Fourier transforms would be tough
> > with no gui..
> Not as tough as it would be to enable me to actually see[1] it. :-)
>
> [1] http://delysid.org/about.html

Oh ok, point taken. Hmm, i wonder if there's no solution to this problem.. Maybe it would be possible to do a fourier transform and then spit out the strongest partials in textual form, either as frequency(hz) or as musical notes.. Might be an interesting experiment, to see if the info from the frequency domain can be textualized in some relevant form..

Hmm, i just had an idea which probably thousands of people had before me: Wouldn't it be useful to have something like a 10x10cm area where 2d-graphics were translated into height patterns, thus making bitmaps kinda accessible to the blind.. You know these things made of hundreds of nails which you can put into some form by pressing your hand onto them or any other solid object. Now reverse the process and you have a physical height representation of a greyscale bitmap image. Probably very expensive to construct and manufacture though..

Florian Schmidt

--
Palimm Palimm!