Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ANN] New releases of Aeolus and Jaaa

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ANN] New releases of Aeolus and Jaaa
From: Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano (nando_AT_ccrma.stanford.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 15 2004 - 23:41:09 EEST

> First of all, if you package Aeolus and Jaaa please use the most recent
> versions that I released only yesterday evening (libclthreads-0.0.3
> and jaaa-0.1.1).

Yes, that's what I currently have packaged...

> > I noticed something different. I used to be able to start
> > Aeolus and click on [Next] and then I would get a preset (you know,
> > instant satisfaction - who wants to spend time turning on stops? :-). It
> > does not seem to happen anymore. Is this something in the packaging I
> > did, or is it something different in Aeolus?
>
> The current version comes with no defined presets, but you can easily
> create your own. There are 10 banks of 100 presets. Click on [Memory]
> and you'll see something like
>
> [<][>] a:b c [<][>] and some other buttons.
>
> a = memory bank # 0..9
> b = preset #, 0..99
> c = U, *, L, S
>
> U = undefined (empty)
> * = defined
> L = loaded
> S = stored
> [MUNCH]
>
> The file $AEOLUS_DIR/aeolusrc' must be writeable for [Save] to work.
> This is one reason to put the stops directory in the user's home
> dir, and not in one of the standard lib directories.

I see... you may consider for a future version to write a ~/.aeolusrc
alternative file (ie: if $AEOLUS_DIR/aeolusrc is not writable just write
to ~/.aeolusrc), and read from it if available. I'm installing the
presets in a shared lib directory so that there is only one copy for all
users and obviously that directory is not world writable :-)

> The [Preset] button works as follows: while it is 'on', changing
> the registration has no effect until [Preset] is switched off again.
> This allows your registration assistant to prepare a new registration
> and then switch to it :-)
>
> (So I've finally started to write a manual...)

Yes, indeed, and thanks a lot for the explanations!

> Enjoy !

I surely will!
-- Fernando