Re: [linux-audio-dev] Prony algorithm?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Prony algorithm?
From: Erik de Castro Lopo (erikd-lad_AT_mega-nerd.com)
Date: Mon Jul 05 2004 - 00:54:32 EEST

On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 23:43:44 +0200
Dr.Graef_AT_t-online.de (Albert Graef) wrote:

> Alternatively, is there any other spectrum estimation method which gives
> a reasonably good approximation of the main partials of a
> (pseudo-)periodic signal (FFT is too bad in the lower frequencies)?

This floated by a month or so back:

    http://ab-initio.mit.edu/harminv/

but I haven't had a chance to look at it yet.

> Does
> anyone have any experience (or even code) with using wavelets for that
> purpose?

I have messed with wavelets (dyadic and the discrete approximation of
continuous wavelets) and I always found that they never lived up to
their reputation.

Erik

  Erik de Castro Lopo  nospam_AT_mega-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)
"Hey, I've re-dorkulated." -- Prof. Frink (The Simpsons)