[linux-audio-dev] How does ASIO work?

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] How does ASIO work?
From: Maarten de Boer (mdeboer_AT_iua.upf.es)
Date: Tue Jul 06 2004 - 13:38:27 EEST

Hello,

I am preparing some slides about Linux audio, and while comparing Linux
with Windows, I have been wondering how the ASIO drivers manage to
obtain low latency on MS Windows, an operating system that does not seem
capable of low latency in any other way. So what tricks did Steinberg
come up with to get around that? I'd like to be able to say why the Linux
approach is better/cleaner.

Maarten