[linux-audio-dev] Tutorial on Professional Audio GNU/Linux Tools

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Tutorial on Professional Audio GNU/Linux Tools
From: xamat_AT_iua.upf.es
Date: Fri Jul 09 2004 - 01:13:42 EEST

Hi all,

Today we (I should say Pau Arumí and Maarten de Boer) have given a
tutorial on Professional Audio tools in GNU/Linux in the context of some
conferences on Free Software held near Barcelona, Spain.

We have showed a great deal of applications. The final demonstration
consisted on reproducing a real professional recording studio situation.
This has been accomplished using Ardour for multitrack recording and
mixing, RoseGarden for MIDI sequencing, Jamin for mastering, qjackctl for
connecting it all and, of course, ALSA. We have recorded live audio tracks
(bass guitar) as well as MIDI from a keyboard controller. Ardour and
RoseGarden have been synchronized and the output of RoseGarden has been
recorded into Ardour. After applying some LADSPA plugins in Ardour, the
final mix has been sent to jamin for the mastering process. All
connections via Jack.

Everything has worked perfectly so I just wanted to share the success with
all the community and especially congratulate all the developers behind
those great applications and GNU/Linux audio in general.

   Xavier Amatriain
 Music Technology Group
Universitat Pompeu Fabra
 www.iua.upf.es/~xamat